POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : better radiosity in animation? : Re: better radiosity in animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: better radiosity in animation?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 1 Aug 2004 17:07:25
Message: <410d5b8d$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

>>Could you post a totally _minimal_ and as small as possible scene
>>(including the radiosity settings, of course) which shows the effect.
>

> Every scene probably,

Nope, I just made a small (windowless) room with a single sphere and
camera moving and saw no flickering at 320x240@30fps resolution so it
must be something else.

> ok, simple scene with a box-room, with several windows in it walls and
> celing, with sun (arealight) shining from above + sky_sphere light.
>
> Everything, even plain walls (just simple rgb .7) are flickering, when
> camera is moving. Room is about 100x100x100 units, and only moving
> elemenent in scene are two small spheres (1 unit radius) and they are not
> near light source etc etc, so realy oit should NOT flicker.

Could you prepare a minimal scene for me (and others too, of course)
that shows clearly this flickering - also a short animation would be
nice. Try to make it as simple and as fast to render as possible. Also
state all the output and render settings (resolution etc.) and how you
compile the actual movie (which format, bitrate, program...).

Regards,
Severi Salminen